The basic concept behind floating is that it reduces external stimuli, a new twist on the old Sensory Deprivation Tanks, which helps the body achieve a natural restorative state. Some people compare the experience of floating to meditation or yoga. Floating is used for a variety of reasons, both anecdotally and scientifically-backed including:
- Stress Reduction
- Anxiety Relief
- Sports Recovery
- Pain Relief
- Reduced Headaches
- Promotes Relaxation
- Increases Circulation
- Promotes A More Restful Sleep
- Jet Lag
- Reduced Stress
- Balanced Hormones
- Reduces Concussion Related Symptoms
- Helps Reduce PTSD Related Symptoms
These positive effects are cumulative, so be sure to float regularly!
Schedule your next float session here:
What to expect your first visit
Minimum Age Restrictions: Ages 10-15 with a parent present in room, age 16-18 with parental permission.
Please allow 7 days after hair treatment (coloring) before using the suite. There is hydrogen peroxide in the water that may damage new color.
Flotation in our deluxe 6' x 7' x 7' Flotation Suite (much larger than other Float Pods) is a relaxing, soothing, restorative experience in a solution of Epsom salt and water at a constant temperature of 93.5 F (+ or -0.3 degrees.) If this is your first visit please arrive 15 minutes early so we may introduce you to our Float Suite and the amenities.
- Your session in the suite is a total 60 minutes. You will have 5 minutes to disrobe and shower in our private shower within the Flotation Room. Floating nude is preferred, and your Float Suite is set up to provide complete privacy. However, you may wear a bathing suit if you prefer.
- We provide towels and organic shower soap and shampoo. A hair dryer is also provided to dry your hair. We are on a schedule to allow others the opportunity to float so our Flotation Room is not meant for intense grooming. Please be respectful with regards to time.
- We have a two-way intercom system inside the suite if you need to talk to us.
- You can experience a completely "dark" session (Sensory Deprivation - no light or sound) or, we have low-level lights and soothing music to enhance your session. You can leave the door open to the Flotation Suite if you are feeling a bit closed in but keep in mind this may affect the temperature of the suite.
- After your session is complete you will be prompted through an exit track to leave the Float Suite and proceed directly to the shower and remove the Epsom salt. To allow for proper disinfection and cleaning for the next user we ask that you complete your after-session shower and dress within 10 - 15 minutes. Again, we are on a schedule to allow others the opportunity to float so our Flotation Room is not meant for intense grooming. Please be respectful with regards to time
- We sanitize our room after each session and the water is completely sanitized and filtered in between each session with a medical grade hydrogen peroxide solution, Ozone and UV light.
- We monitor the cleanliness, temperature, ratio of Epsom salt to water, PH level and H2O2 daily to insure you float is sanitary and can monitor the temperature of the water electronically through a specially designed software system. This allows us to make adjustments to the water temperature if needed during your float.