The basic concept behind floating is that it reduces external stimuli, a new twist on the old Sensory Deprivation Tanks, as much as possible to help the body achieve a natural restorative state. Some people compare the experience of floating to meditation or yoga. Floating is used for a variety of reasons, both anecdotally- and scientifically-backed including:
- Stress Reduction
- Anxiety Relief
- Sports Recovery
- Pain Relief
- Reduced Headaches
- Promotes Relaxation
- Increases Circulation
- Promotes A More Restful Sleep
- Jet Lag
- Reduced Stress
- Balanced Hormones
- Normalized Blood Pressure
- Reduced Risk of Cancer and Other Diseases
What to expect your first visit
Minimum Age Restrictions: Ages 10-15 with a parent present in room, age 16-18 with parental permission
Flotation in our deluxe 6' x 7' x 7' Flotation Suite (much larger than other Float Pods) is a relaxing, soothing, restorative experience in a solution of Epsom salt and water at a constant temperature of 93.5 F (+ or -0.3 degrees.) If this is your first visit please arrive 15 minutes early so we may introduce you to our Float Suite and the amenities.
- Your session in the suite is a total 60 minutes. You will have 5 minutes to disrobe and shower in our private shower within the Flotation Room. Floating nude is preferred, and your Float Suite is set up to provide complete privacy. However, you may wear a bathing suit if you prefer.
- We provide towels and all-in-one shower soap and shampoo. A hair dryer is also provided to dry your hair.
- We have a two-way intercom system, so we may talk to you and you may talk to us. You will be prompted when to enter the Float Suite, so you can experience the entire 60-minute session.
- You can experience a completely "dark" session (Sensory Deprivation - no light or sound) or, we have low-level lights and soothing music to enhance your session. You can leave the door open to the Flotation Suite if you are feeling a bit closed in but keep in mind this may affect the temperature of the suite.
- After your session you will proceed directly to the shower and remove the Epsom salt. To allow for proper disinfection and cleaning for the next user we ask that you complete your after-session shower and dress within 10 minutes.
- We are on a schedule, so our Flotation Room is not meant for intense grooming, so please keep that in mind.
- Our room is sanitized and the water is completely sanitized and filtered in between each session with a medical grade hydrogen peroxide solution, Ozone and UV light.
- We monitor the cleanliness, temperature a ratio of Epsom salt to water electronically through a specially designed software system. We can always make adjustment to the water temperature if needed.